Sunday 28 April 2019

Moment - with Emma for 2Crafty

Hello all you 2Crafty friends and welcome to Thursday!
Today I'm sharing a boy page that really showcases the awesome chipboard (be sure to check out the video for this page too).
I have kept papers to a minimum and let the chipboard really shine.


Let me tell you about some of my finishes but firstly I want you to see what chipboard I chose....

Steampunk Arrow Set
Steampunk Gears small
Lightbulb Word Set
Bracket Frames



So lets start with the Bracket pieces. For these I simply used emboss powders, instead of using just one colour I chose 2 that really contrasted from each other.


Again I totally embraced the imperfections.
These 2 colours just bounce off the chipboard very beautifully and of course off the page against the white.


For the Steampunk Arrow I cut it in half to elongate it behind my image. I coated this with some Rust effect pastes, building as I went. Once dry I rubbed a little Metallique Wax over certain areas to highlight and add shade.


The Steampunk Gears and LightBulb I painted with black gesso, once dry, I dabbed complimentary wax's to give them this rusty gear look.
The Bulb I decided to use a 2 tone effect by applying with my finger.


The mediums used on the chipboard really pronounce themselves off my page.
I loved playing with mostly only Chipboard, really making this the main focus of my page.
I hope you are a little inspired by this layout and don't forget to check out the video to see exactly how it all came together.




I'll catch you all soon. Em xx


No comments:

Post a Comment