Sunday 2 May 2021

Make It Count - created for ScrappingClearly

  HI!

Em with you on the blog today.
 It's been a busy time for me of late and to add to it I have lost my crafty vibe, until now.........
So because I really just wanted to craft and get things on paper, I decided to go simple. 
Minimal mixed media and lots of stamping made for a quick layout.
I even filmed it coming together, which I hope you enjoy watching.😆


Using lots of stamps on my base sheet, creating a suitable backdrop for this awesome image I found on Pinterest. I started with an Aall & Create stamp - Gears & Elements and stamped it vertically across my page. Then to add to the grunge a little more I added a few of the stamps in the Stampers Anonymous - Glitch 1 set. 



At this stage there was no colour. Before I started the layout,  I had grabbed a piece of watercolour paper and with a couple of Scribble Sticks 'scribbled' and added water to it which eventually I created into the 2 tags seen behind the image. You can see me make these in the video. With the excess colour I flicked it to the background of my layout to add just a subtle hit of colour.


On the watercolour sheet I also stamped a few stars and the little bird from the Aall & Create - Wire birds set, ready to cut out and become my embellishments.
I really wanted another hit of colour through the stamping across the page, so using the chevron stamp from the Aall & Create - Take Flight set and Distress Oxide - Faded Jeans for the colour added it amongst the stamping layers. This complimented the pop of yellow/orange of the image.


Once I had fussy cut the bird and stars from the watercolour paper and stuck them down, I again added a small amount of colour to them. Using the 2 original scribble sticks from the start, I created a watercolour out of them and just dotted colour onto them. 
My final embellishments were a couple of metals, one a door knob and the other a faucet.
Finally a couple of quotes from the Tim Holtz - small talk stickers.

And that was this layout complete.

I stood back.....and felt relieved to create and happy with the final result.

I hope it has inspired you to create, and if you feel stuck just to try something simple and easy. There is no shame in that, just feel good about creating!

Enjoy my process video too and hope that it inspires too.


Happy crafting everyone.

Em xx






 


No comments:

Post a Comment