Sunday 8 May 2022

Relic - designed for 2Crafty Chipboard

Hello Everyone and welcome to my first share for the month of May.
This share is on the smaller scale of 8inx8in. I work mostly with 3x4 photo images, which work great on my usual 12x12 or A4 layouts. So this time I decided to create small and tight, but still using the 3x4 image. I love the result and also let's love how cool and quirky this image is too!



Now lets talk about the awesome chippy used.
I have chosen to play with some of the newer pieces which added an eclectic/steampunk vintage vibe to the project.

Pieces used are......

Mini Scissors
Mini Decorative frame set 6 
Corner Steampunk set 6




I wanted the chipboard to really sing around the image. I also wanted to use a new product and medium on the chipboard which was the new Ranger Foundry wax. And boy I was NOT disappointed! 



I could layer the colours over each other onto the chipboard as you can see here on the Steampunk corner, drying and setting the wax as I went. And the chipboard loved it! It certainly started to sing.



I was hoping it wouldn't hide any of the details of the chipboard as I painted the wax over the pieces, as sometimes if your painting with acrylic this can happen.  But as I was setting the wax the beautiful grooves and details really came through. As you can see on this pair of Mini Scissors, shining in Gilded Gold.



Each piece of chipboard has been treated with this finish on this page. And I must say that I am loving it! It really added to that steampunk vintage look I had desired from the start of the project.

I hope that my 8x8 page has inspired you to create this week and maybe play with a new or different medium on your chipboard. This chipboard LOVES all mediums!!

See you all soon, stay crafty.
Em xx







  

No comments:

Post a Comment