Thursday 12 January 2023

'Creating Myself' - Created for DT ScrappingClearly

  Hello everyone, Em with you today.

Thanks for joining me on what is my first share of 2023 here at ScrappingClearly. I’m so very happy to be here for another year creating with beautiful products and hopefully inspiring you all a little. 

This weeks share is an Art Journal page. It’s far from perfect, elements I would of liked to have done differently, but that's the great thing about Art Journaling, it doesn't need to be perfect and allows growth. I created in the ABM Perfect size Journal.



 I have been cutting out images from old issues of my Frankie Magazines that inspire me, and thought this one was perfect to match this months mood affirmation board.
Please feel free to check out the process video for this page too. 


I love that the board has the Art Foundations packs incorporated. I used this Aliferous substrate on my pages. I cut circles out of it along with some book paper. 



I started with some Black Gesso, and a mix of acrylic paints in the greens featured in the board, these included Dylusions and Dina Wakley.



With the acrylics I used them through a couple of different stencils. The main one is a gorgeous Finnabair one that mimicked the lace effect that's also featured in the board.



My quote was created with alpha stamps and Liquitex black ink. I then went over them with a Pintor pen and acrylic white pen to make it bold. The quote suits the image, I love that she is reading a Psychology book, so this quote is to build self esteem. 



I added a little colour to the image using colour pencils.
Why not grab a cuppa and watch it all come to life, mistakes and all in the process video here...



Thanks for joining me today.
Catch you again soon.
Em xx










No comments:

Post a Comment