Friday 26 February 2016

I adore you - Emma Zappone

Good morning.
Its Monday, but I don't want that to dampen the scaping spirit......
So today I will be sharing 2 layouts with you, one now and one a bit later on this arvo,  as it's the 29th of Feb, which means it's a new month tomorrow. (squeezing in 3 shares in 2 days)
My first share for today was inspired by Krisy's mood board challenge over at The Scrap Suite.
The colours are just gorgeous, so subtle and elegant.
Here is my interpretation.......


And here is the mood board.....

 
Isn't it beautiful.
As soon as I saw this challenge I just knew I had to give it a go. Again the colours are not my go to colour scheme but wow it was nice to play with a such soft selection of colours.
And hello....gold again in this. I'm digging (for) gold right now. Lol.
 

I wanted to keep it fairly simple, really showcasing the colour tones.
I used some gold texture paint with a Dusty Attic cross stencil, randomly over the page.
Then I started layering with a few PL papers and overlays. I placed a quote overlay over a bitty bag to really make it stand out. And I tucked in some gold punchinella in also. I then tucked in a journal It as my title for this page.
 

How cute is the bike flair! I just had to use it! 
Now I don't use a lot of flowers on my pages but I really felt I had to with these gorgeous colours. So I just added a few random flowers that matched. Some good Ol' enamel dots finished off my little cluster.
 

So because I used flowers, I thought, hey I have sequins I received in one of the past JAP kits,lets play with them on here too.
They add a nice bit of bling with the gold, don't you think?
I love this finished page. And It was really nice to play along with one of the challenges this month.
Have you had a chance to play yet?
It's a lot of fun and it really helps get inspired to try different things, like I did with different colours then my usual go to.
I'll see you all a little later on with my final share for this month.
Em. Xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment