Sunday 16 September 2018

Index cards with Emma

Hi there, Emma here today sharing a couple of quick index cards with you. 
These are something I have really been enjoying playing with of late, getting my grunge on and feeling just that little more free with my creating. 



I started them with Distress oxides in 6 different colours. 



For this one I used - - - 
Once applied I flicked water over the inks to leave splashes in the oxides. 
Once dry I applied strips of Dina Wakley washi tape. I wanted these 2 cards to compliment each other so both have similar washi. 



I then stamped upon the cards in a random fashion. 
Then with a Dina Wakley stencil I inked through to print my image. 
A bit of Dina Wakley acrylic paint in - swiped across the page with a spatula. 
I flicked some black carbon ink at the end along with some pink fresh quotes. 



This card I used oxides in - - - 
Again flicked water over the page before applying the washi tape in the same manner as the first one. 
I chose a dark room door stamp for this one and another Dina Wakley stencil this time the face one. 



Once stenciled through I thought it needed to pop more so I went over it in a Scribbly fashion with a liquid paper pen. 



This card I also spread a paint and texture paste around with a spatula to add shading in places. 
And another quote from the pink fresh stickers. 

Finally on both cards I dotted and crossed in sections with more liquid paper to complete the look. 

Thanks for joining me today and I’ll catch you all again real soon. 
Em xx







No comments:

Post a Comment