Monday 17 December 2018

Wander Often - Created for ScrappingClearly

 Wander Often 

- Created for ScrappingClearly


Welcome to Thursday SC friends.
Emma here with you today, sharing a page and a video inspired by this months moodboard.

Here is my design.....


And here is the moodboard it was inspired by.....



I created a video for this layout as well, something that I haven't  
done for a little while, and I hope you enjoy it.



This page has some awesome products on it. For my background work I started by giving my paper a coat of Clear Gesso to act as a barrier. 
I really loved the idea of playing with gold from this moodboard so I mixed some Art Alchemy in Ancient Coin with a modelling paste.


Once that was spread through a stencil I then added some colour onto the base using 2 Distress Oxides first in Antique Linen and then a darker shade over the top in Frayed Burlap.

I wanted more gold, so I then dabbed some emboss ink through a star stencil to grab that star theme from the moodboard, and applied gold emboss powder, this gave a little more sparkle.


Once this was dry I started using some very cool stamps first one from the Old town range of  the Finnabair Cling stamps, and then layered over that with a Lavinia Stamp in the Orbs, I just love this one. I also used a script stamp over them.

Once the image was layered with some tags, I chose a few pieces from one of Heidi Swapps Ephemera packs that suited my design.


The stars are quite a bold idea on the moodboard so I decided to capture this theme more by using the metal stars from Finnabair Mechanicals.

In the centre of each of the stars I added Art pebbles in vintage.


Finally I added some quotes from Tim Holtz small talk and a splash of Liquitex ink in titanium white.

The over all feel of this page is quite peaceful and I feel I captured the moodboard.

I hope you get a chance to play along with this moodboard this month, I cant wait to see what you see and how you play.

I will see you all again very soon, till then, Em xx 




No comments:

Post a Comment