Saturday 3 November 2018

All in Your head - layout for ScrappingClearly

Happy Sunday SC friends,
Emma here today to share another inspired layout of our moodboard.

Green is such an amazing colour. It can capture almost any sort of mood.


For this layout I chose this image I found on Pinterest in regard to anxiety and overthinking. I suffer from a bad anxiety disorder and crafting is usually my way of having some down time. But recently I have struggled with any creative vision. My head feels full all the time, no shut off button.
When I found this picture, it spoke volumes to me right at the moment with my mind telling me that I cant create anymore, comparing to others, ect. But I just decided to go for it anyway and the last few layouts I have found my old style reinvented. Trying new ideas, cranking the music while I craft helps too.
Again scrapbooking is my therapy.

So enough about me and more about my page. I decided to use up a few sheets of paper from some of the 6x6 paper pads I have, choosing those with mostly green in them. I cut them into various sized strips and started to piece them where I thought I might use my image.


Once I was happy with the positioning I stuck down including some old fabric, I coated it all with clear Gesso.
I then started to layer my colour on top, starting with an ink spray and then a couple of Distress Oxides.
Once they were dry I added some modelling paste through a stencil in just a few sections. Then I added a few different stamps around.


Directly under my picture I added a couple of tags and some more fabric.

Finally I finished it with a few odds and ends for my embellishments. I have really been enjoying the process of using old bits and bobs I've had for awhile, mixed with newer elements. 


But I think my favourite embellishments on this page have to be the Pink Fresh paper hearts.


Finally for my title I used a quote from Tim Holtz snarky quotes stickers. It just seemed appropriate, 
I could totally do with a vacation like that. (hehehe)

I hope this layout inspires you to maybe scrap a little today, or find something that makes you feel happy in some way.

Whatever your day holds I hope you enjoy it.
I look forward to next month when I will see you all again.

Luv Em xx






No comments:

Post a Comment