Friday 17 November 2017

Start somewhere - with Emma

Hi everyone! 
Ok so I’ve been not feeling it when it comes to scrapping this week, my mojo has gone walk about. Finding inspiration can be hard. So I thought I would try and play with one of the challenges ScrappingClearly has going this week in its celebrations. 
I took it from the artwork image board.....



 ......and then I felt inspired by my dear friend, Tammy, who’s Scrapbooking is just phenomenal!! 

With these ideas in mind, my layout slowly came together. 



I used fantastic SC products of course. 
I started my base with Gesso and then layered Distress Oxide in cracked Pistachio to base my colour around. 

Then I used texture paste with a stencil and once dried I then applied 2 more oxide inks, iced Spruce and then abandoned coral  In the image I loved the mixed media feel. 



I tore strips of paper from the Ontrend2 collection and added them to my background layers. I also used a few of the Washi strips from the Pink Paislee Cedar lane range. 



Then stamping my theme (which became feathers, also inspired by the feathers in the image)  I finished my background. 



I then began layering my real and veneer feathers. 
I also used some cool Heidi Swapp gold puffy stickers amongst the feathers. 



Added a few Studio Calico sequins, and a few quotes and boom! layout done! 

I hope you could be inspired by some of the challenges that have been shared all week long, or maybe a friend or a layout has helped the creativity flow. 
Whatever your inspiration, Have fun scrapping and I’ll catch you all again real soon. 
Em! Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment