Saturday 21 April 2018

Inspired art journal

Howdy SC family! 
Great to be here today with an Journal page I have created. 
This piece of ‘art’ was heavily inspired by so many who are journaling at the moment. 
And my awesome friend and fellow scrapper Tammy
If it wasn’t for these creative souls I probably wouldn’t push myself into this art form. 



I used lots of acrylics, mostly Dylusions and Dina Wakley in an assortment of colours. 
And you can see my process (and hear my voice 😮) in a little video linked at the end of my blog. 



Something that I do love is the texture that can be created. 
To add to that texture I used Scribble sticks around some of my images to make them more defined. 



For my ‘face’ I used a Kinder Kreations eyes stencil
They work instantly and perfectly! 
I really loved how they turned out. 

The flowers in her hair were made firstly by stamping a darkroom door stamp. 
But the colour was used by more Dylusion paints. 



I had never thought of using liquid paper pen until I saw Lisa using one and I thought that was such a brilliant idea. It’s sometimes hard to get a white texta or pen that will work on paint. And I’m totally in love with the concept. 

I also love that I can ‘play’ on my pages, squiggles, doodles, paint, stamp, splats, anything goes! 
Ahh it’s so liberating!! 



Have you tried this form of art yet? 
I totally recommend it!
I’m going to keep an eye out for your creations! 

I’ll catch you all very soon. 

Em. Xx




 

No comments:

Post a Comment