Sunday 20 May 2018

Journal art

Hi ScrappingClearly peeps, 
Today I’ve got an art journal page to share with you, and I must say it’s not quite what I had invisaged! 
It’s messier then I had hoped and I feel it’s not complete? 
What do you think? 



I have used lots of mixed media products on this. 
Firstly I started out my base paints. I used Art Anthology in Fiji and Silver. But then covered some of the silver with Ranger Caribbean Coast. 
Much happier with the colour tone then. 



I then stamped a Dark room door Stamp with Ranger Emboss ink and proceeded to emboss in yellow as a contrast to all the blues. 

As I was using the quirky paper dolls I wanted to add a couple of quirky elements, hence this particular stamp. 



I then used some Art Badics modelling paste through a stencil, and once dry patted some liquid Distress oxide ink in pink over the stencilling to give it s hint of colour. 
You can see all this come together in my video  😊 



I painted my 2Crafty chipboard in Dylusions rose quartz acrylic paint. 
Scattered my people around the place and added a Tim Holtz quote band. 
So what do you think?? 
I must keep playing and practicing! 

I hope it inspires you a little to try outside your comfort zone?? 

I’ll catch you all next month, and I hope you have an awesome Scrappy time until then. 
Em xx





No comments:

Post a Comment