Friday 30 March 2018

Magical - layout by Emma

Hi everyone, 
Hope over this long weekend you managed some down time in amongst the crazy. I know I’ve been trying to take time out for some creative play. 
So today I share a 12x12 with you. I’ve been doing a lot  of other play with art journals ect because I thought I had become boring in my scrapping. 
But after creating a few new 12x12s I realise I love this process so much. Yes sometimes they can look the same and yes the process can be the same but it doesn’t matter, it’s about having fun, creating for you, and just really enjoying the art for what it is. I am my own worst critic. 
So with that, I got inspired by this months challenges. And I love that we have been combining them. 



I was also inspired by this beautiful art work I found on Pinterest. 



I’m not sure if the original source, but I’m in awe and had to use it. So much gorgeous! 

So here is my creation.....



How awesome to have this moodboard colours to suit this photo. 
I started with a sheet of Paper Arts Artistry2 for my background, then I spread a bit of gesso, then through a stencil used Jo Sonja’s Texture paste black and then added my colours over it. I chose distress oxides in fossilised amber and wild honey. 
Then I needed to balance the yellows with some blue. So I splashed some Kaiser mist in aqua, and liquitex paint marker in cobalt blue with which I added water too and flicked it around. 



Once dry I stamped a few different images around including the darkroom door hexagons and Dina Wakley abstract scribbles. 
Behind my image I used 1 sheet from the Heidi Swapp 6x8 paper pad and 1 from the Pink Paisley 6x6 memorandum pad. 



In my embellishments I used a few of the arrows from the Heidi Swapp color resist embellishments pack, and a couple of the stickers from the Marquee love pk. 



I ended my page with some of the cool pebble rocks in blue, mixed with glossy accents to adhere to the page. These are awesome!! 
This layout is also the sketch flipped on its side. 

I hope you play around with this months challenge, they are always so much fun. 

I’ll catch you all again soon, 
Till then, Em xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment