Saturday 18 August 2018

Escape under the Stars

Welcome everyone to my first share this month.
Todays share is totally inspired by the image, my love of all things Star Trek and sci-fi.


Here are the chipboard pieces I chose to bring this layout to life.



Because Star Trek is iconic I decided to go with a bit of a retro feel as this particular artwork is of the original Spock.
Hence this is why I chose the retro squares for the background. I Painted the chippy in an Art Alchemy acrylic first and then once dry stamped over it with a white ink.  The stamped image is the same one as I what I stamped directly on my layout.


The Circles I sprayed with a Dylusions ink spray and I chose a purple, a colour I very rarely use as I just don't like it, but felt this page would do purple justice, you know being spacey and all.


The arrows I painted in a Sparks over them being inked in black first.
I also painted the decorative disc under my arrows in the matching shade of purple.


My title word from the Mini word set is also in the purple but with an Opal metallic over the top to add extra sheen.


Over all I feel I have captured the essence of Space and beaming up into it.

I hope you can see where I was going with it anyways.

I'll catch you all again a bit later on in the month.
Till then I hope you are inspiring and being inspired.
Em xx









No comments:

Post a Comment