Friday 29 April 2022

Odis P. - Created for 2Crafty Chipboard

  Please meet Odis, he is the sweetest of them all.
Gentle and kind, Odis only wants what is best for all of earths creatures.



Check out the beautiful chippy I chose this week.....

Grid Panel
Polaroid Frames
Steampunk Element set1




So this page was inspired by another one of Lisa Aisato's art works off Pinterest. I loved that Odis looks so tranquil and yet boyishly dishevelled. His name came about by some Tim Holtz stickers I had in my stash. And so the page took form. I have a video for you today also, so you can see the story unfold.
Plus I love the chippy used in this piece, old and new pieces together.



Let's start talking about the finishes on the chipboard. They all were painted with an acrylic paint to start with, except the Polaroid Frame as this also had a little crackle paste on it before painting. I wanted to use muted tones to match the tones in the image. I blended some Distress Oxide inks over the Acrylic to add a chalky, old look to them.



The frame was painted in a darker blue to match the blue hues in the image. Distress Oxides were also blended over the top, especially where the paste was laid. 



Once the paint and the Oxides were added, I added a little dry brushing of Gold acrylic to all the chipboard pieces. This added a little bit of shine, but not impacting the more demure look I wanted on the pieces. I love how this Steampunk Element piece picks up all the light and dark shades.



While I stamped the background papers, I added a little stamping to the chipboard also. This gives just that extra bit of interest and helps tie them to the whole composition.

I would love it if you stopped by and checked out my video here....



Thank you for joining Odis and myself.

Stay crafty everyone.
Em xx













No comments:

Post a Comment