Thursday 14 April 2022

'Take the Scenic Route' designed for ScrappingClearly

 Hi there. 
Today I am sharing a very quick and easy Art Journal page with you that I also made a video of.
I based this page on this months mood/sketch colours. 



This page was created in my 5x7 Art by Marlene journal. I prepped my page with white gesso first as it had some marks and paint from a previous page.
Then I used Finnabair stencil Mind Games as an interest on the base with modeling paste.



Once the paste was dry, I started adding colour with Distress Crayons. I applied the colour like a watercolour over the background. making sure the colours met but didn't mix.
Once these were dry, I etched a black border and drew some loose lines amongst the pattern of the paste. This added a little more depth to the background. I also added a little light stamping using Framework Elements stamp by Aall & Create.



Popping that aside for a minute, I grabbed a couple of Naturalist Rub-ons by 49 and Market. I transferred one of the bright butterflies onto a piece of cardstock and then fussy cut it out. I also used some of the stitching lines amongst my drawn border. 



These colours work so nicely together. The quote used is from Tim Holtz Idea-ology quote chips and finally finished it all off with some black & white ink flick.

Please enjoy this page coming to life here....



Have a great week everyone and will see you again soon.
Em xx





 

No comments:

Post a Comment